Highlights of Episode 288
Chrissy King, personal trainer, life coach and fitness blogger, is on for part 6 of a 6-part series on Racism in Fitness.
We spoke about:
1. How she is doing during a really stressful and challenging time
2. The impact of racism on health and why it's a public health issue
3. The diversity problem in fitness (referenced her article "Is Fitness Only for Thin, White Women?"
4. Why we need to speak out against racism (referenced her article "Dear Fitness Pros, You Cannot Help POC with Fitness and Wellness While Remaining Silent on Racism"
5. Racist policy in fitness
6. What trainers and coaches can do better
A sponsor for each episode in this series will donate $250 to the guest's organization of choice.
Thanks to Kevin Carr, Brendon Rearick, Mike Boyle and Bob Hanson from Certified Functional Strength Coach for their generous donation for this episode.
Anthony will donate $50 each episode as well.
Please consider donating.
Chrissy has chosen the The Okra Project.
Thanks for Listening!