Highlights of Episode 225
The TrainHeroic "Hit The Gym with a Strength Coach" Segment
Cameron Josse (Director of Sports Performance for Defranco's Training Systems) is on to talk about speed, speed, speed.
We talked about:
- An overview of Horizontal and Vertical forces in Sprinting
- Expands on the Heavy Sled Research and Determining the Load of Maximum Power in Resisted Sprinting
- His article The Truth About Athlete Speed in the NFL
- His article Fast off the Ball: Revisiting Heavy Resisted Sprinting for American Football
- The use of organized play-type drills to enhance agility and decision-making
- How he organizes his weekly layout to include more exposure to speed and acceleration
- Testing speed through use of flying sprints as a better option than 40-yard dashes
Thanks to TrainHeroic for sponsoring the Hit the Gym with a Strength Coach Segment
If you decide you love it, tell them Anthony sent you and you will get 25% off the Pro Edition!
The Coaches Corner with Coach Boyle
We talked about:
- His article "Power Cubed"
- The experiments he's been doing with power
- Where he is with his power development now
Check Out Coach Boyle's Latest Products
The Business of Fitness with Results Fitness University
Alwyn Cosgrove discusses "Avoiding Burnout"
The Functional Movement Systems Segment
Gray Cook discusses "Pain in Movement" Click here for a link to the TED Talk Gray spoke about
NEW SEGMENT! The Super Human Strength Segment
Dom Mazzone is on to discuss "The final word on the difference between Whey Isolate, Whey Concentrate and Whey Blend" Use the code "strengthcoach" to save 10% off your first order
Thanks for Listening! Let me know what you think, leave a comment below. You can help out the show by: